Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

first month


Aqeef was born a healthy 3.93kg baby via caesarian.alhamdulillah.he was a loud baby, if i may say so myself.his scream and cries were very loud sometimes it scares me, but the doctors said if a baby can scream that loud means his lungs are very good.ikutkan ajalah,bersabar je lah i bila dia nangis.

since i delivered via c-section, my recovery process took longer compared to if i were to deliver vaginally.the first week,i was so weak and had to depend on others to take care of me and aqeef.my mom took some time off work to take care of me and aqeef(thank you mami!).the first week,aqeef slept with my parents at night, and my mom even gave him a bath everyday as i couldnt even lift my hands up properly whatmore taking good care of aqeef.

i took pati ikan haruan, steamed haruan and jeli gamat throughout my pantang days and alhamdulillah,i felt much better after the second week.i dont know if it's a fast recovery for caesarian delivery or not but i was quite relieved the day i was finally able to walk without feeling stabbing pain on my stomach.the first week, i also had the traditional urut by one makcik who came to my hse for 3days.oh,sedapnya kena urut.i think this was one of the best parts during pantang days,apart from the yummilicious food.huhu.(mcm nak gi urut lagi je weekeneds depan).

aqeef during this time was very hard to be taken care of.he cried all the time,and syafik and i, as firsttimers were very stressed out with this condition.most of the times we ended up sending aqeef to sleep with my parents as we could not stand being sleep deprived and truthfully we didnt trust ourselves to be around aqeef when we were in that state of mind.

after 1 month, we went to the hospital for aqeef's first check up and alhamdulillah, he had gain some weight to 4.6kg.he had his first hepatitis B shot if i'm not mistaken.comel sgt,he did not even cry a little bit.he was sleeping when the doctor jab the needle and he kept on sleeping.hehe,comel je.tp kalau malam2,bunyi jarum jatuh pun da "uwaaaaaaaaaaaaa" hehe. i remember texting my elder sister "wak, bila aqeef nak reti tido malam ni...???" to which she replied " insyaAllah habis pantang nanti..".huhu.

all in all, the first month was not that great, we were still trying to cope with having a baby and trying to adapt to the idea of there's a very small person who depends on us 24/7 for food, comfort and love.but obviously we felt very blessed and happy with aqeef's arrival and we could not thank Allah enough for giving us such a beautiful blessings.alhamdulillah.

No comments: