Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 02, 2010

protection for our little family.

Insurance?This word used to make me cringed thinking "apetah insurance ni,mengarut je.bukan ada purpose pun". or so i thought.being a mom made me think twice about the importance of insurance.Especially after a few friends of mine were unfortunate enough to have their children fell upon accidents without any insurance leaving them forking up their life savings just to pay for the hospital bills.

I began my research of insurance last week by asking almost all of my colleagues which insurance company/plan are they currently using and why. From my research, all my Chinese colleagues are covered by insurance and almost all of my Indian & Malay colleagues are not.Hmm,interesting facts.Haha, even yours truly is not covered by any insurance pun kan?

Upon asking about the insurance matters to my leader, he asked me 'Dina, you interested ke nak ambil insurance?Ada mana2 agent approach you tak?I agent ING" to which i replied jokingly "Tanak la Yap, nanti i tak buat keje u tak kasi claim" haha.
But after one day of weighing out other options i decided to ask him to quote for a plan that is within my limited budget,=p. My leader is one of the most efficient, honest and straight-to-the-point guys that I have ever known, therefore I could not imagine anyone else that is more trustworthy to be my insurance agent.=) From my googling activity about insurance, I've also come to know the fact that one of the most important part of insurance to be considered is the agent, whereby good insurance agent will result in faster, more efficient reimbursement process.

Hmm, he gave me the plan the next day(didnt i say he's one efficient guy?ke mmg sume insurance agent gitu?haha)and after discussing with encik sapik,we decided to go for a medical card plan for aqeef and investment-link plan that covers medical card, savings, death, critical illnesses & permanent disability for the both of us. Aqeef's medical card plan entitles him to claim up to RM150,000 annually and RM 450,000 for his whole lifetime. For that, we only have to pay RM962 annually, while our own plan cost us RM400 monthly,=). The lifetime limit for Aqeef's plan is relatively low, because we chose a medical card that has the lowest co-insurance rate.For aqeef's plan, regardless the total amount of the hospital bill, we only have to co-insure(not claimable) a fix amount of RM50 everytime he is to be warded(Nauzubillah).Most of the medical card plans from other companies requires you to co-insure at least 10% of the total bill. Just imagine, if your total bill is RM100,000, you have to pay RM10,000 from your own pocket. Which for us defeats the purpose of having insurance in the first place. Hmm..

All in all, alhamdulillah, i felt instantly secured,=).Oh,lunch time's over.Tata.

No comments: